Borrow By Mail will be available on November 1st!
With Borrow By Mail, it's never been easier to check books, DVDs, and CDs out of the Mahwah Library! Borrow By Mail gives Mahwah residents access to great items from Mahwah and 77 BCCLS libraries- delivered right to their door!
A few guidelines are listed below to help you get started.
- This service is available to Mahwah residents only
- Log on to you your BCCLS account
- Search for books, DVDs, and CDs that you'd like to borrow*
- Select "Place Request" to the right of the material
- Next to the drop down that says "Mawhah Public Library" select the check box that states "Please mail this to me". You will be charged $1.00 for each item delivered by mail.
- Submit your request
- Under "Fines and Fees," you will see the $1 fee
- As soon as the item is available, we will send it to you via USPS mail. We'll even add three extra days on to the loan so you won't lose days while the item is in the mail
- USPS will deliver your item (or items!) to your Mahwah address that your online account has on file
- At the end of your borrowing period, simply mail the item back to us at your convenience**, or drop it off at the Library the next time you are here! For your convenience, you can also drop off the item at any other BCCLS library.
* Launchpads, Kindles, reference books, or high demand videos cannot be sent through borrow by mail
* Item must fit into the Borrow By Mail package. If the item does not fit, you will receive a followup email and cancellation, notifying you that the item will must be picked uip in the Library. You will not be charged for items that are not delivered by mail.
**The card holder is responsible for the cost of return shipping