Home Delivery & Curbside Pickup
With Home Delivery and Curbside Pickup, it’s never been easier — or safer — to borrow books, DVDs, and CDs from the Library. Home Delivery and Curbside Pickup offers Mahwah residents easy access to great items from Mahwah and other BCCLS libraries — it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Request Items Online. Search the BCCLS catalog for items and place a request for items you would like to borrow. On the request page, be sure to check off “Please mail this to me.”
- Wait for Delivery. As soon as the item is available, we will send it to your home address* in a padded envelope via USPS mail. For your peace of mind, we will include a tracking number on your account. We’ll even add three extra days on to the loan so you won’t lose days while the item is in the mail.
- Return it at Your Convenience. At the end of your borrowing period, simply mail the item back to us** or drop it off at the Library on your next visit. You can also drop off the item at any other BCCLS library.
- Request Items Online. Search the BCCLS catalog for items and place a request for items you would like to borrow. (Items requested by Mahwah residents may only be picked up at the Mahwah Library at this time.)
- Wait for Notification. You will receive an email or phone call when your item is available for pickup. Wait times for requested items from other libraries are currently longer than usual because all items are quarantined for three days to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Arrange for Pickup. Call the Library when you arrive at the rear entrance. Staff will check your items out to your account, place them in a paper bag and bring them to your vehicle. Please wear a mask if you would like to take the bagged item by hand, or open your trunk and staff will place the bagged item in your trunk.