Devices & Kits
Engage Your Child with an Educational STEM Kit from the Library!
- Devices are available to Mahwah adult cardholders 18 years and older.
- Devices may be borrowed for 14 days and are not renewable.
- Two devices may be borrowed at the same time per household.
- Reserve a kit up to 60 days in advance through our website, or by asking staff at the children’s services desk, or by telephone.
- If you need to cancel or change your reservation, please call the children’s services desk as soon as possible so other patrons may have the opportunity to check out the kit.
- Failure to pick up the kit at the reserved time will result in the reservation being canceled and the kit being given to the next person in line.
- Patrons who have reserved and not picked up a kit after two occurrences will be unable to borrow any device for 6 months.
- Want to check out a device again? You can make your next device reservation 4 days after you return a kit. Your next reservation must be 1 month, or later, from the date you picked up your last kit.
- Reserve a STEM kit online or by speaking with staff at the children’s services desk.
- Pick up the device from staff at the children’s services desk and fill out a Lending Form.
- Before checking out the device, a librarian will go over each item in the case, verifying that each item is present and in good condition
- Return the device to staff at the children’s services desk before closing at the end of your loan in order to avoid fees.
- Devices may not be returned to another library or in the book drop.
- Devices must be returned in the condition that they are received, including the case and all accessories in order to avoid fees.
- There is no charge to reserve or borrow a kit.
- Devices returned late are charged $5 per day. After 7 days, patrons must pay the full replacement cost of the kit.
- If the kit is lost or damaged beyond repair, patrons must pay the full replacement cost listed.
- Any component (remote control, cable, case, batteries, etc) not returned with the device will incur a replacement cost.
In addition to STEM kits, the Library has dozens of Launchpad tablets available to borrow.
Made just for little explorers, Launchpads are loaded with learning apps, videos, games, and more for hours of interactive learning and play. Launchpads are designed with a simple, easy-to-use interface, and 100% secure; no download time, no need for Wi-Fi. Access to powerful content is simple as turning on each device — anytime, anywhere.